Although Lenovo is one of the most reliable laptop brands, it is not perfect. Sometime your battery is not charging. If you are experiencing this, don’t worry, you are not the only one. Fortunately, you can usually solve this issue without having to take the laptop to get serviced.
Check the following:
- Problem: The battery pack cannot be fully charged by the power-off method in the standard charge time for your computer.
Solution: The battery pack might be over-discharged. Do the following:
- Turn off the computer.
- Make sure that the over-discharged battery pack is in the computer.
- Connect the AC adapter to the computer and let it charge.
- If the optional Quick Charger is available, use it to charge the over-discharged battery pack.
- If the battery pack cannot be fully charged in 24 hours, use a new battery pack.
- Problem: Your computer shuts down before the battery status indicator shows empty, -or- Your computer operates after the battery status indicator shows empty.
Solution: Discharge and recharge the battery pack.
- Problem: The operating time for a fully charged battery pack is short.
Solution: Discharge and recharge the battery pack. If your battery's operating time is still short, use a new battery pack.
- Problem: The computer does not operate with a fully charged battery pack.
Solution: The surge protector in the battery pack might be active. Turn off the computer for one minute to reset the protector; then turn on the computer again.
- Problem: The battery pack cannot be charged.
Solution: The battery cannot be charged when it is too hot. If the battery feels hot, remove it from the computer and allow it to cool to room temperature. After it cools, reinstall it and recharge the battery. If it still cannot be charged, have it serviced.
- Problem: Battery not detected error. Contact support.